Friday 24 May 2013

Iron Man 3 (2013)

My first review of 2013. Glad to be back. Thank you, thank you. Anyways, I decided to start my rebooted career as a film critic to review one of the most anticipated films of the year. Enough though AC/DC don't have any of their songs in the soundtrack, this film won't disappoint.

The film follows after the events of The Avengers. Tony Stark has a lot of nightmares now, so he builds like a hundred suits to keep himself busy. It ruining his relationship with girlfriend, Pepper Potts, who is in charge of Tony's company.

So, like three minutes later, a new terrorist called the Mandarin starts causing chaos  blowing stuff up and killing people. Iron Patriot, the former War Machine is ordered by the president to hunt him down. Now, from all that I have said, I must make you think that Iron Man 3 is just a basic action flick. But it's not. Shane Black has done an incredible job directing and writing this film, and Iron Man 3 is filled with action(I just said that), a good plot, comedy(Remember: The director is responsible for creating the lethal weapon series), and even a few good surprises.

I liked the comedy, but to be honest, It kind of brought the film down. I mean, all of the marvel films contain comedy, but this film had something funny like every five minutes. And, I was kind of disapointed with Ben Kingsley's Mandarin. If you have seen the film, you would understand where I am coming from.

But Iron Man 3 is a good flick to see if you are looking for all that I have just listed, but I am too lazy to retype it.

4/5

Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence throughout, and brief suggestive content

No comments:

Post a Comment